Submit An Article
I welcome submissions to JohnGloverSpeaks.com from writers who are passionate about the mission of this site: addressing issues effecting Blacks or uplifting black people as a whole.
Before you submit a post, please contact me first via the contact page with a brief outline of your idea. I will then let you know if your idea fits with the regular content, in order to keep the process efficient.
As a guide, posts should range in length from 400-800 words and be concerned with issues relating to African-Americans. Articles typically fall into one of these categories:
- First-person account (broadened to fit the needs of the reading audience)
- List format (“10 Ways to…”, “5 Best Bets For….”)
- Reflection on a current news story
- Interview with an African American figure
- Tip format (similar to the list format – this form specifically gives readers some suggestions for handling a certain problem)
I will make it a point of importance to respond to every submission – please allow 3 days for me to get back to you. For more time-sensitive topics, the turnaround will be faster.
I’m looking forward to seeing more of you having your say and the enlightened conversations that are sure to result. I’m ready to take it to the next level – are you?